Advanced Product Quality Planning Workshop
The two-day session covers in detail how each of the core tools manuals apply to the planning of new products for the automotive industry. The class, working in teams, will participate in discussions and workshops for a “hands-on approach.” Ford, GM and Chrysler customer-specific documents are integrated throughout the session.
Upon successful completion of this program participants will:
- Understand the 5 phases of APQP 2nd Edition and how they link to ISO/TS 16949:2009.
- Know the inputs and outputs required for each of the 5 phases.
- Understand the role of customer specifics and how to integrate them into the APQP process.
- Know the responsibilities of APQP Team Members.
- Understand the reviews required and the importance of identification and closure of action items at each phase.
- Understand the purpose of the DFMEA and the PFMEA
- Use FMEA’s as living documents
- Discuss the role of MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) and SPC (statistical process control) in the process.
- Understand the phases and use of control plans.
- Understand the role of the Production Part Approval Process (Fourth Edition) to validate products and processes.
- Know what is needed for a complete PPAP and when one is required.
Who should attend: Those responsible for leading or participating in APQP meetings, employees involved in the purchase and approval of new materials, equipment or tooling for manufacturing as well as supervisors and maintenance staff.
Prerequisites: A general working knowledge of the core tools is beneficial. Individuals should also be familiar with the products and manufacturing processes of their organization.
Length: 2 Days
Cost: $795.00 (CAD)