Core Tools Upgrade for Internal Auditors
This session is specifically designed for internal auditors and includes a review of the APQP process and the core tools (APQP, PFMEA, SPC, Control Plans, MSA and PPAP). The class, working in teams, will work through case study situations in which they audit processes impacted by the core tools. The class will also use the Ford, GM and Chrysler customer-specific requirements in the session.
Upon successful completion of this program participants will:
- Understand the phases of APQP and how they link to the ISO/TS 16949 standard.
- Understand the PFMEA and what to look for to ensure it is used as a living document.
- Understand the difference between attribute and variable gage studies.
- Determine acceptable methods of MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis).
- Where and when does SPC (statistical process control) apply.
- Understand how to audit to control plans.
- Be familiar with records required in a PPAP Package and how to determine compliance.
Who should attend: The class is designed for TS Internal auditors with prior training in the technical specifications and auditing concepts but who require a refresher or a better understanding of the use of the core tools during an audit.
Prerequisite: Attendees need to bring their ISO/TS16949 standard and have a general awareness/working knowledge of the core tools & customer-specific requirements.
Evaluation: Certificates of training will be issued for all participants that attend the training and participate in workshops and assigned activities.
Length: 1 Day
Cost: $495.00 (CAD)