Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Fundamentals
The language of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing can be intimidating at first, but when used properly, it can yield many advantages. Participants will appreciate the importance of the GD&T system and how it applies to their every day work. They will learn to interpret each of the 14 symbols. They will also be able to properly identify and callout datum features.
Participants in this comprehensive seminar will learn to:
- Explain the benefits of GD&T
- Evaluate tolerances for size, form, orientation, and location
- Interpret feature control frames for each GD&T symbol
- Determine correct datum usage and how it affects manufacturing and inspection
- Calculate “bonus” tolerance for MMC and LMC.
- Apply geometric tolerances to drawings
- Determine the virtual condition to ensure assembly
- Explain “composite” tolerancing for position and profile
Who should attend: Engineers, Designers, Drafting personnel, Quality Managers and coordinators, Dimensional inspectors, and manufacturers need to be trained to interpret as appropriate, apply GD&T. All these professions utilize drawing interpretation and application knowledge to execute their responsibilities.
Prerequisite: All participants should have an understanding how to read and process a mechanical drawing.
Length: 3 Days
Cost: $1095.00 (CAD)