ISO 14001 Lead Auditor
The Environmental Management Systems Lead Auditor course teaches the principles and practices of effective environmental management systems and process audits in accordance with the ISO 14000 series of standards and ISO 19011:2002, Guidelines for Quality and/or Environmental Management Systems Auditing. Experienced instructors guide students through the entire audit process, from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, practical role-playing, group workshops and open forum discussions.
The program consists of a five-day course. Course methodology includes lectures, workshops, case study and student presentations. Successful completion is obtained by passing the continual evaluation (presentation skills, attendance, and participation), as well as obtaining 70% on the final examination.
Following completion of the course, students should be able to:
- Understand Environmental Management Definitions, Concepts, and Guidelines
- Understand the Purpose of the ISO 14000 Series
- Understand the Requirements of the ISO 14001:2004 Standard
- Identify Aspects and Impacts
- Manage an Audit Program
- Initiate the Audit and Conduct Opening Meetings
- Understand Auditor Responsibilities
- Conduct On-site Activities
- Collect Information
- Communicate Effectively during the Audit
- Generate Audit Findings
- Prepare Audit Conclusions
- Conduct Closing Meetings
- Report Audit Results
- Conduct an Audit Follow-up
- Understand the Registration Process
Who should attend: Individuals interested in conducting first-party, second-party and third-party audits, Environmental Management Representatives, Quality Directors, Regulatory Affairs Managers, Health, Safety and Environmental Managers, and Cross-functional team members of an implementation project.
Evaluation: Each participant will receive a personal evaluation of competency based on participation in class activities, report reviews, and grade achieved on a test of understanding. Feedback on performance will include areas for further development, if required.
Length: 5 days
Cost: $1,695.00 (CAD)