Root Cause/Problem Solving Workshop
Organizations today struggle to get to the root cause of problems and implement good “system” solutions that work. We can help…
We will review a selection of quality tools that will encourage improvement and drive effective problem solving in your organization. Using case studies, we will explore team dynamics and the steps to effective problem solving using the “8 Discipline” format as a foundation. We’ll emphasize the difference between the incident, non-detection, and the root causes of system failure.
Upon successful completion, you will understand:
- The components and benefits of an effective corrective action process.
- The dynamics of teams.
- The 8 Disciplines of effective problem solving.
- Containing the issue to protect the customer.
- The format and value of a good problem statement.
Examples of the use of the following tools:
- Trend charts
- “CEDAC” Cause & Effect Diagram with the Addition of Cards
- Finding root cause—using the 5 why’s
- Paynter charts
Planning and implementing actions:
- The difference between Corrective vs. Preventive actions.
- Ways to verify effectiveness.
- The basics on error-proofing concepts.
- Retaining lessons learned
Who should attend: Process owners, team leaders, supervisors and other individuals in your organization who are asked to complete corrective actions and participate in problem solving meetings.
Length: 1 Day